Thursday 12 April 2012

Is There a Doctor in the House?


  As mentioned in previous blog posts (http://www.twelvesmallsquares.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/decayed-derelict-and-abandoned.html) i am very much drawn to run down, derelict places.  I love the textures of peeling paint and thick rust and i spend hours online searching out other peoples’ photos of abandoned places and looking for local places to access myself.  Recently i got inside an abandoned hospital/convalescent home that isn’t too far from my house.  I spent a good 2 hours inside and had a great time.  Although it’s sometimes a little spooky to be in such places i absolutely love wandering round soaking up the environment and shooting as many photos as i can.  I must confess that i got a little trigger happy and shot 3 rolls of film whilst i was inside!  The weekend was spent developing, scanning and uploading, both to this blog and to my Flickr page (www.flickr.com/wilfbiffherb) but it was worth all the effort.  I’m so pleased with how my shots came out as i have always struggled a little with metering, but my exposures from this trip were spot on (well, in my opinion anyway).  I’m looking forward to a return trip sometime in the future to explore further and take more shots.












No comments:

Post a Comment